NEW PROGRAM UNVEILED AT MISSOURI GOVERNOR’S CONFERENCE ON AGRICULTURE
MISSOURI FARMERS CARE ANNOUNCE AGRI-READY DESIGNATION PROGRAM
(Columbia, MO)– Missouri Farmers Care (MFC) is unveiling the Agri-Ready designation program Wednesday, December 16 at 2:45 p.m. at the 46th annual Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture. Dr. Alan Wessler, Interim Executive Director, Missouri Farmers Care will be highlighting the benefits the program brings to communities and the economy.
“When we realize that less than 2 percent feeds the other 98 percent it becomes important to get people back on the farm,” said Wessler.
The Agri-Ready designation is designed to protect the 284,000 jobs created by agriculture and the family farmers who provide fresh, quality, locally grown food for our community.
MFC created the Agri-Ready designation program to support local agriculture and secure its influence in the state’s economic future. The Agri-Ready program intends to promote counties committed to making sustainable, long-term decisions about agriculture and its growth and protection.
Thirty-six agricultural businesses and organizations have come together to create theMissouri Farmers Care organization. MFC was created to promote the continued growth of Missouri agriculture in rural communities through coordinated communication, education, and advocacy. MFC educates Missourians on the truth about modern agriculture, food production, farm life, and its connection to Missouri’s food security, the economy and social well-being.