Missouri Farmer’s Care Agriculture Education on the Move™ Summer Internship
Agriculture Education on the Move™
About: Missouri Farmers Care’s Agriculture Education on the Move™ program is seeking a summer intern to assist in expanding agriculture education in the St. Louis, St. Charles and surrounding areas. Agriculture Education on the Move™ focuses on elementary agriculture science curriculum. Content includes crop, livestock, soil and water conservation, nutrition and careers in agriculture. Much of the internship will be spent teaching Agriculture Education on the Move™ curriculum. Orientation and background check will be provided.
AEOTM™ works strategically as part of Missouri Farmers Care, an organization that promotes the continued growth of Missouri agriculture and rural communities through coordinated communication, education and advocacy.
Learn more about the program at: www.agmoves.com.
- A passion for and basic knowledge of agriculture
- Professionalism, responsibility and time management skills
- Experience and a comfort level teaching young people
- Willing to create a fun and enthusiastic learning environment for youth, ages 8-12
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-directed, detail-oriented
Location: This internship is a contract position. The selected individual will be working remotely with no designated office space.
- The summer intern will spend the majority of their time teaching agriculture to young people.
- Instruct participants by teaching Agriculture Education on the Move™ curriculum
- Settings include but not limited to: summer school programs, afterschool networks, STEM and related clubs and programs.
- Assist in developing and implementing a regional marketing plan to expand activity in St. Louis, St. Charles, Warren, Lincoln, and surrounding counties
- Assist at special events or activities, including outreach at the Missouri State Fair
- Represent Agriculture Education on the Move™ and Missouri Farmers Care at professional events
- Help facilitate and recruit regional FFA Chapter involvement
- Provide social media content
- Distribute informational materials and promote the program to surrounding regional schools and outlets