Missouri Farmer’s Care Agriculture Education on the Move™ Spring Internship
Agriculture Education on the Move™
About: Missouri Farmers Care’s Ag Education on the Move™ program is seeking an intern to assist in program implementation during the 2020 spring semester. Agriculture Education on the Move™ focuses on elementary agriculture science curriculum. Content includes crop, livestock, soil and water conservation, nutrition and careers in agriculture. This will be a part-time position focused on program administration and support of AEOTM educators and staff, as well as representation of AEOTM in classroom settings and at special events. Potential for a summer internship following. Orientation and a background check will be provided.
AEOTM™ works strategically as part of Missouri Farmers Care, an organization that promotes the continued growth of Missouri agriculture and rural communities through coordinated communication, education and advocacy.
Learn more about the program at: www.agmoves.com
- A passion for and basic knowledge of agriculture
- Professionalism, responsibility and time management skills
- Experience and a comfort level teaching young people
- Willing to create a fun and enthusiastic learning environment for youth, ages 8-12
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-directed, detail-oriented
Location: This internship is a contract position. The selected individual will be working remotely with no designated office space.
- Assist Agriculture Education on the Move™ team in program implementation and administration.
- Assist regional educators at special events or in classrooms.
- Represent Agriculture Education on the Move™ and Missouri Farmers Care at professional events
- Help facilitate and recruit surrounding FFA Chapter involvement
- Provide social media content
- Distribute informational materials and promote the program to surrounding outlets