Agriculture Education on the Move™ seeks Assistant Program Director
Agriculture Education on the Move™
Assistant Program Director
About: Ag Education on the Move™ (AEOTM™) is an interactive elementary agriculture education program designed to equip passionate field educators with resources to share the important message of agriculture. Traditional programming offers a ten-week curriculum series that highlights crop, livestock, soil and water conservation, nutrition and ag careers. Other AEOTM™ programming extends to adult audiences and STEM events, where agriculture is shared with new and urban audiences. AEOTM™ believes in collaboration and working with partners who share the mission of educating youth and consumers about today’s modern agriculture. Due to continued growth and new opportunities, AEOTM™ is seeking a passionate and driven professional who has interest in being engaged in the leadership and program management of AEOTM™.
AEOTM™ works strategically as part of Missouri Farmers Care, an organization that promotes the continued growth of Missouri agriculture and rural communities through coordinated communication, education and advocacy.
Learn more about the program at: www.agmoves.com
- Has a passion for and basic knowledge of agriculture
- Possesses professionalism, responsibility and time management skills
- Possesses leadership skills and the ability to direct and lead a passionate team
- Ability to build and maintain community and industry partner relationships
- Has experience and a comfort level for public speaking/working with others
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- Willing to travel statewide
- Self-directed, detail-oriented
This position is on a contract basis. The individual will be working remotely with no designated office space and must be able to fulfill job expectations independently.
- Work alongside current AEOTM™ Director to assist in implementing the goals of AEOTM™
- Develop a clear understanding of AEOTM™ program components, partners and vision for success and growth
- Represent AEOTM™ at board meetings and other events, activities and conferences
- Oversee classroom participation (FFA and 4-H partners) and regional educator staff
- Assist in maintaining program budget as part of program plan
- Oversee contributing partners and program logistics
- Assist in overseeing creative and marketing plans as part of program implementation, to include social media and website
- Oversee partnerships in non-traditional programming, to include Department of Education, Universities and other existing partners
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Ashley McCarty, firstname.lastname@example.org.